In her groundbreaking book, Hold Me Tight, Dr. Sue Johnson presents scientifically proven principles for creating and maintaining long-lasting love relationships. Based on the emotion regulation model of attachment theory, these seven conversations are designed to help couples understand each other’s emotional needs and build a stronger foundation for their relationship. With clarity and compassion, Dr. Johnson provides prescriptive advice for resolving conflict, restoring intimacy, and renewing interest in one another over time.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for couples who want to build a stronger foundation and maintain lasting love relationships. It provides scientifically proven principles and advice on how to resolve conflict, restore intimacy, and renew interest in one another.
- The book is based on scientifically proven principles.
- It provides prescriptive advice for resolving conflict and restoring intimacy in relationships.
- The author presents her ideas with clarity and compassion.
- The book may be a little too scientific for some people.
- The conversations themselves might be difficult to remember and put into practice without help from a therapist or counselor.
- It’s possible that the advice in this book could verge on being prescriptive and restrictive, rather than freeing
Learn more about the author
Sue Johnson is a clinical psychologist and the developer of Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT). She has written extensively on attachment theory, emotion regulation, and love relationships. Dr. Johnson is an associate professor emeritus at the University of Ottawa, where she was the founder and director of the International Centre for Excellence in Couple Studies.
“My husband and I read this book together, applying the concepts to our own relationship. Our marriage is better than ever thanks to Hold Me Tight!”
“Absolutely wonderful! This book opened my eyes to how I need to be more emotionally available for my husband. It’s already making a difference in our relationship.”
“Brimming with science, research and clinical wisdom. . . an intimate journey that will change the way you think about love.”
“I read this book because my husband and I were having some issues. Boy was that the best decision I ever made! The advice in this book really helped us to communicate better and understand each other’s needs. Our relationship is now back on track!”