How Emotions Are Made is a scientific exploration of the human brain and emotions. Lisa Feldman Barrett draws on her own research as well as that of other scientists to argue that our emotions are not innate, but rather are constructed by our brains based on our experiences. This book offers an insightful look at the complex workings of emotion and will change the way you think about your feelings forever.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for people who are interested in psychology and the human brain. Lisa Feldman Barrett provides a detailed, scientific explanation of how emotions are created, and this information can be fascinating to anyone who wants to know more about why they feel the way they do.
- How Emotions Are Made is an insightful look at the complex workings of emotion.
- The book offers a fresh perspective on emotions, which will change the way you think about them.
- Barrett’s research is thorough and well-documented, making for an informative read.
- The book is dense and can be a bit challenging to read.
- It does not offer many solutions or suggestions on how to deal with emotions.
- The theory that emotions are constructed rather than innate is controversial and may be difficult for some people to accept.
Learn more about the author
Lisa Feldman Barrett is a professor of psychology at Northeastern University and the author of five books, including How Emotions Are Made. She has received numerous awards for her work, including a Guggenheim Fellowship and the prestigious William James Prize from the American Psychological Association.
“An amazing book! Lisa Feldman Barrett does a fantastic job of explaining the science of emotions in a way that is easy to understand. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to learn more about how their brain works.”
“How Emotions Are Made is far and away the best book I’ve ever read on emotions.”
“How Emotions Are Made is a revolutionary book that will change the way you think about emotions forever. Lisa Feldman Barrett draws on her own research as well as that of other scientists to argue that our emotions are not innate, but rather are constructed by our brains based on our experiences. This book offers an insightful look at the complex workings of emotion and will change the way you experience your feelings.”
“How Emotions are Made is a game-changer! This book will change how you think about emotions, and it might just change the way you live your life. Lisa Feldman Barrett has written an extraordinary account of the science of emotion that is both readable and compelling.”