I Can’t Make This Up is a candid, inspiring memoir by successful writer Neil Strauss. The book chronicles Strauss’ challenging upbringing and his hard-won journey to becoming one of the most renowned journalists in the country. Along the way, Strauss shares invaluable insights on how to live a good life – lessons that anyone can benefit from.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who wants to learn how to live a good life. Neil Strauss’ candid memoir is full of helpful insights and valuable lessons that are applicable to people from all walks of life.
- Strauss is brutally honest in his recounting of events and provides a raw, authentic look at his life
- The book is laced with humor which makes the difficult moments more palatable
- Strauss shares valuable insights on how to live a good life
- The author writes in a very casual, colloquial style which may turn some readers off.
- The book lacks structure and can be difficult to follow at times.
- Some of the content is repetitive or feels unnecessary
Learn more about the author
Neil Strauss is a critically acclaimed writer and journalist. He is the author of four New York Times bestsellers, including The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists.
“This book is hilarious, sad, shocking, and most of all REAL. Neil Strauss has lived a life many of us can only imagine, and he openly shares both the good and the bad with unabashed honesty. If you’re looking for some insight on how to live your life BETTER, read this book.”
“This was an amazing book! I loved how Strauss did not shy away from sharing the darker parts of his life. His tales of redemption are inspiring.”
“If you’re looking for a book that will make you laugh and cry, then this is the one for you. Neil Strauss has an amazing ability to tell his story in such a way that you can’t help but feel like you are right there with him.”
“This is an amazing book. I could not put it down. Neil Strauss tells his story with brutal honesty and humor.”