Tom Vitale takes readers on a wild ride with Anthony Bourdain, from exotic locations around the world to the inner workings of his CNN show “Parts Unknown.” Along the way, Vitale provides insights into why Bourdain is television’s most popular travelogue host and unique food-culture adventurer.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for Anthony Bourdain fans who want to go behind the scenes of his hit TV show “Parts Unknown.” Tom Vitale provides insights into why Bourdain is so popular, as well as a look at some of the most exotic locations he has visited.
- Tom Vitale offers a behind-the-scenes look at Anthony Bourdain’s CNN show “Parts Unknown”
- Provides insights into why Bourdain is television’s most popular travelogue host and unique food-culture adventurer.
- “In the Weeds” is an entertaining, informative read for fans of Anthony Bourdain or anyone interested in learning more about world cuisine and culture.
- The author focuses more on the personal life of Bourdain rather than his work or travels
- The book feels disorganized and at times it’s difficult to keep track of where the story is going
- There are many repeated stories and anecdotes throughout
Learn more about the author
Tom Vitale has been a journalist for more than twenty years, with articles and essays published in “The New York Times”, the “Los Angeles Times”, the “Washington Post” magazine, Men’s Journal, and elsewhere. He is also an accomplished food writer; his work has appeared in Bon Appétit, Gourmet, Travel + Leisure, Food & Wine., etc.
“Tom Vitale provides an insightful and entertaining look at the man behind the food. Traveling with Bourdain to some of the most exotic locations on earth, he brings us into Bourdain’s world and allows us a unique glimpse into what makes him tick.”
“This book provides an interesting look at Anthony Bourdain, both the public persona and the private individual. It’s also a great resource for anyone who wants to learn more about different parts of the world and how they eat.”
“If you want to know more about the making of ‘Parts Unknown’ and what goes on behind the scenes, then this is a book for you. Tom Vitale provides an insightful look at Bourdain’s life and career.”
“In the Weeds”