In the second book of Veronica Roth’s Divergent series, Tris must escape from Factionless territory and find her way to Allegiant. Along the way, she discovers more about herself and her new friends – including Four, who is struggling with his own dark secrets. As alliances are formed and shattered, Tris learns just how dangerous it can be to choose whom to trust.
For who is this book for ?
- The second book in the Divergent series is just as action-packed and thrilling as the first
- Roth does a great job of keeping readers guessing about who Tris can trust and who will betray her
- Tris’s development as a character continues to be fascinating to read
- The sequel to Divergent is not as good as the first book.
- The second book seems like it was just set up for the final book in the series.
- The author spends too much time on developing relationships and not enough time on plot development.
Learn more about the author
“The Hunger Games meets The Maze Runner in this sequel to Veronica Roth’s Divergent. Tris must leave her old life behind and find her way to the mysterious city of Allegiant, where she discovers shocking truths about herself and the future of civilization.”
“I couldn’t put it down! The suspense and intrigue kept me captivated the entire time.”
“Picking up right where Divergent left off, Tris is on the run and trying to find her way to Allegiant. This book was full of action, suspense, and secrets that will keep you hooked until the end. Roth’s writing style flows so smoothly it’s hard to put down.”
“The action is non-stop and the ending will leave you desperate for more.”