In Into Africa, author Martin Dugard tells the exciting true story of Stanley and Livingstone’s epic African adventures. Chronicling their thrilling journey from the coasts of Zanzibar to the heart of darkest Africa, Dugard vividly brings to life all the danger, beauty, and discovery that awaited them on this incredible expedition.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone interested in learning about the epic adventures of Stanley and Livingstone. With vivid descriptions and exciting storytelling, author Martin Dugard brings to life all that awaited these two adventurers on their expedition through Africa.
- Into Africa is a well-written and engaging story of Stanley and Livingstone’s African adventures
- Dugard does an excellent job of bringing to life the danger, beauty, and discovery that awaited the two explorers on their journey
- Into Africa is an enjoyable read for anyone interested in travel or history
- The author spends too much time describing the natural beauty of Africa, which bores the reader.
- The second half of the book is repetitive and dull, as it recounts Stanley and Livingstone’s many skirmishes with hostile tribes along the way.
- The ending is anticlimactic, as Dugard provides only a cursory overview of their triumphant arrival in Victoria Falls.
Learn more about the author
Martin Dugard is the co-author of two New York Times bestsellers, including Chasing Lance and The Murder of King Tut. He has written for Esquire, Outside, Men’s Journal, and Travel + Leisure. A graduate of Pomona College in Claremont, California, Dugard now lives with his wife and three sons in Southern California. Praise For… “Martin Dugard enthralls readers with another spellbinding.
“Thrilling…the author brings to life all the danger, beauty, and discovery that awaited them on this incredible expedition.”
“Dugard’s riveting account of Stanley and Livingstone’s legendary journey is one you won’t want to put down. A must-read for anyone interested in African history or exploration.”
“An absolutely riveting history of two 19th century explorers’ journey into Africa. Dugard does an amazing job of capturing all the excitement, danger and mystery of their travels.”
“Into Africa is a thrilling account of Stanley and Livingstone’s epic African adventures. Dugard vividly brings to life all the danger, beauty, and discovery that awaited them on this incredible expedition. A must-read for anyone interested in travel or history!”