It Ends with Us is a romantic novel by Colleen Hoover. The book tells the story of Lily and Gus, two young people who fall in love and must face the challenges of a long-distance relationship. As they struggle to overcome obstacles, they learn that all relationships come with sacrifices – but ultimately it’s worth it if the end result is true love.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for those who are looking for a great romance novel with characters that they can feel attached to. The story is well-written and pulls at your heartstrings, making you root for Lily and Gus all the way.
- The book tells a realistic and relatable story.
- The characters are well-developed and likable.
- It’s an emotional read that will make you think about love in a new way.
- It Ends with Us may be a bit too sad and depressing for some readers.
- The ending is somewhat ambiguous, which might not satisfy everyone.
- It’s been criticized for being clichéd and unrealistic in parts.
Learn more about the author
Colleen Hoover is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of It Ends with Us, Slammed, Point of Retreat, Hopeless, Maybe Someday and Confess. She lives in Texas with her husband and their three boys.
“Breathless, beautiful and gut-wrenching all at the same time!”
“One of the best books I’ve read in a long time!”
“Beautiful, heartbreaking and hopeful all at the same time. An outstanding novel by an incredibly talented author.”
“Wow! I was not expecting that. This book is so beautifully written and the characters are amazing. Lily and Gus are two people that I just fell in love with.”