In “Lauren’s Vision,” E. Lisa Cummins tells the story of her daughter Lauren and how she battled cancer as a child, only to lose her sight in adulthood due to complications from the disease. Despite these challenges, Lauren remains an upbeat and determined young woman who has learned to live life on her own terms. This moving memoir is both a tribute to mother-daughter love and survival against all odds, as well as a source of inspiration for readers facing their own personal difficulties.
For who is this book for ?
This book is geared towards adults, specifically those who are facing adversity in their lives. It provides an inspiring story of how one woman overcame great obstacles and offers advice on how to live life to the fullest.
- The author’s writing style is engaging and makes for an easy read.
- The story is inspiring, offering hope to those who are facing difficult challenges.
- It provides a unique perspective on blindness and disability that is both informative and moving.
- The author writes very little about herself or her relationship with Lauren
- The book is somewhat choppy in terms of its narrative structure
- Some readers may find the story to be too sad or depressing
Learn more about the author
E. Lisa Cummins is a psychotherapist, life coach and the author of “Lauren’s Vision.” A mother-daughter story of love, loss and learning to live again.
“This is an amazing story of courage, hope and love. I couldn’t put it down.”
“If you’re looking for a book that will make you cry, laugh and take stock of your own life all at the same time then pick up Lauren’s Vision. It is beautifully written story about a mother daughter relationship but it also so much more than that.”
“Lauren’s Vision is a heartwarming and inspiring story of one mother and daughter’s journey through cancer, blindness, and life. E. Lisa Cummins does an amazing job of portraying both her own personal thoughts and feelings as well as those of her remarkable daughter Lauren. This book provides hope for anyone facing difficult challenges in their life.”
” Laueen’s Vision is a beautifully written, inspiring story of a mother and daughter who faced unimaginable tragedy but found the courage to go on. A powerful testament to the resilience of the human spirit.”