Stephen Gould, a preeminent evolutionary biologist, offers readers a rich collection of essays on natural history. Drawing from his own vast knowledge and experience in the field, Gould discusses everything from Leonardo da Vinci’s fascination with clams to the diet of earthworms. Along the way, he sheds light on some of nature’s most interesting and perplexing phenomena. Insightful and informative, Leonardo’s Mountain of Clams and the Diet of Worms is an essential read for anyone interested in science or biology.
For who is this book for ?
If you are interested in science and biology, then Stephen Gould’s Leonardo’s Mountain of Clams and the Diet of Worms is an essential read. This book is a rich collection of essays on natural history, discussing everything from clams to earthworms. Gould provides insightful and informative commentary on some of nature’s most interesting phenomena, making this book perfect for anyone with an interest in these topics.
- The author is a preeminent evolutionary biologist, so the reader can be confident that the information presented is accurate and well-researched.
- The essays are wide-ranging, covering many different topics in natural history.
- Gould’s writing is clear and engaging, making for an enjoyable read.
- The essays can be dense and difficult to follow at times
- Gould’s writing style is nontraditional and may not appeal to all readers
- The book covers a lot of ground (literally), so it may be intimidating for those who are not familiar with the topic
Learn more about the author
Stephen Jay Gould (1941-2002) was an American paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, and historian of science. He was also one the most influential and widely read writers on evolution in the 20th century.
“Stephen Gould is one of the greatest science writers of our time. In Leonardo’s Mountain of Clams and the Diet of Worms, he offers us a collection of essays on natural history that are both insightful and informative. This book is an essential read for anyone interested in science or biology.”
“Leonardo’s Mountain of Clams and the Diet of Worms is a great read for anyone interested in natural history. Gould offers readers a wealth of information on everything from clams to earthworms, providing insight into some of nature’s most interesting and perplexing phenomena.”
“Leonardo’s Mountain of Clams and the Diet of Worms is a treasure trove of natural history essays by one of the most brilliant minds in the field. Gould’s erudite writing style brings life to even the most complex topics, making this book enjoyable for anyone interested in science.”
“An informative and fascinating read.”