The Magic Tree House Collection: Books 1-8 audiobook features the first eight books in the series, which follows siblings Jack and Annie as they travel through time to solve mysteries. With their tree house as their gateway, the two explore ancient civilizations, natural wonders, and other worlds. The collection includes such titles as Dinosaurs Before Dark (#1), The Knight at Dawn (#2), Mary Pope Osborne’s Christmas Carol (#3), Mummies in the Morning (#4) Pirates Past Noon (#5).
For who is this book for ?
This book is for children who are interested in adventure and mystery. It will keep them entertained with its exciting stories, while also teaching them about different cultures and periods of history.
- The narration is performed by Mary Pope Osborne herself, adding an extra layer of authenticity to the stories.
- The books are short and concise enough for young listeners to follow easily, but still contain plenty of mystery and adventure.
- Each story is followed by a ‘From the Author’ section in which Osborne explains some of the historical or scientific background info that inspired her writing.
- The audio quality is poor.
- The books are not in chronological order.
- It does not include the following titles: “The Witch of Blackbird Pond”, “Magic Tree House Research Guide series”.
Learn more about the author
Mary Pope Osborne is the author of more than sixty books for children, including the New York Times number one bestseller Magic Tree House. She and her husband live in western Massachusetts.
“It’s an amazing collection. My son loves it and so do I!”
“My kids love these books and the audio versions are great because my son can follow along with the text while we listen.”
“What I love about these audiobooks is that my son can listen to them on his own (he’s 5) and follow along with the story. They are also great when we are in the car.”
“Utterly charming. . .the perfect way to spend an afternoon.”