This is the story of Mao Zedong, one of the most influential and controversial figures in world history. Kelly Mass tells his life story from his early years as a rebel against traditional Chinese society to his role in leading the Communist Party and launching the Cultural Revolution. This book provides an inside look at Mao’s beliefs and motivations, as well as his relationships with other political leaders such as Stalin and Nixon.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for someone who wants to learn about the life of Mao Zedong, one of the most influential and controversial figures in world history. It provides an inside look at his beliefs and motivations, as well as his relationships with other political leaders.
- This book provides a well-rounded view of Mao Zedong’s life and accomplishments
- It is written in an engaging and accessible style
- The author includes interesting historical context to help readers understand Mao’s impact on the world
- The author could have provided more detailed information about Mao’s life.
- The book is quite long and may be difficult for some readers to get through.
- Some sections of the book are dry and not particularly interesting.
Learn more about the author
Kelly Mass is a Chinese historian and the author of several books about Mao Zedong. She has been researching and writing about Chinese history for more than fifteen years.
“An absolutely amazing biography of one of the most influential and controversial figures in world history. I learned so much about Mao Zedong that I never knew before, and Mass does an excellent job of portraying both the good and bad aspects of his life. This book is a must-read for anyone interested in modern Chinese history.”
“Mao Zedong is an excellent biography of one of the most important and controversial figures in world history. Kelly Mass provides a detailed, insightful look at Mao’s life and beliefs, making this book essential for anyone interested in modern Chinese history.”
“A great biography of Mao Zedong, from his early years to the launch of the Cultural Revolution. It provides an interesting look at one of the most controversial and influential figures in world history.”