Marked is the first book in the House of Night series by P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast. The story follows 16-year-old Zoey Redbird as she is Marked, begins her training to become a vampyre at the House of Night school, and deals with all the challenges that come with being different.
For who is this book for ?
Marked is a book for young adults who are interested in stories about vampires. It’s the first book in a series, so it’s also a good introduction to reading longer stories. The writing style is easy to read and keeps you engaged from beginning to end.
- The story is well written and engaging
- The characters are likable and easy to relate to
- It provides a unique perspective on vampire mythology
- It is the first book in a series, so there are cliffhangers at the end that make you want to read the next one.
- The characters can be a bit whiny and melodramatic at times.
- It’s based on vampire mythology, which some people may not like.
Learn more about the author
P. C. Cast is the mother of two and a New York Times Bestselling author. She wrote her first book in high school, but it wasn’t published until after she graduated from college with a degree in journalism. Kristin Cast has always been interested in mythology and folklore and earned a theatre degree from Southern Methodist University before becoming an actor and writer.
“I absolutely loved this book. The characters are well-developed and the story is exciting.”
“Richly imagined and compulsively readable, this first book in the House of Night series is an utter delight.”
“A thrilling read that’s impossible to put down.”
“Absolutely hooked on the House of Night series! Cannot wait to continue reading about Zoey and her friends.”