Measure What Matters is a business book about setting and achieving goals using Objectives and Key Results (OKRs). The author, John Doerr, is a partner at the venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and in this book he shares the lessons he has learned from working with some of the world’s most successful companies. Doerr explains that OKRs are popular among Silicon Valley startups because they help keep everyone aligned and focused on what matters most. He goes on to show how Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation have all successfully used OKRs to achieve their goals. Whether you’re running a small business or simply trying to get more done each day, Measure What Matters will teach you how to set achievable targets and measure your progress along the way.
For who is this book for ?
If you want to learn how Google, Bono and The Gates Foundation achieve measurable goals without sacrificing results, then this book is for you. It provides clear instructions on setting up your own OKRs system using a simple yet powerful framework that anyone can follow.
- The book is filled with interesting anecdotes and stories from the author’s personal experiences.
- It provides a thorough explanation of Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and how to use them effectively.
- The case studies featured in the book are helpful for illustrating how OKRs can be applied in different settings.
- The book may be a little too technical for some readers.
- It can be difficult to apply the concepts in the book to your own life.
- The author’s examples are all from businesses or organizations that have a lot of money and resources at their disposal.
Learn more about the author
John Doerr is a general partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, one of the world’s most successful venture capital firms. He has been involved with some of the most iconic technological startups over the past few decades, including Google, Amazon, Netscape, and Intel.Doerr is also on the boards of directors for several charitable organizations including Bono’s (RED) campaign and The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
“An easy to read and well organized guide that will help any business leader implement OKRs.”
“This isn’t just another book on goal setting. Doerr weaves together the latest research with his own experience to create a tapestry that helps you understand how to best set goals – and actually achieve them.”
“Measure What Matters is a great read for business professionals of all levels. John Doerr’s experience and insights are evident on every page, as he provides concrete examples and case studies of how OKRs have worked in some of the most successful companies in history.”
“If you are looking for a book on goal setting, this is the one to read. It is well written and easy to understand.”