If you’ve ever had the pleasure of befriending a Mexican, or worse—been stuck in a conversation with one—you know that their language can be confusing, to say the least. With Mexislang, Raúl Jiménez provides an easy guide to understanding everything from street slang to jokes, making sure you never feel lost again when speaking with your Latino friends.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for people who want to improve their understanding of Mexican Spanish.
- Jiménez provides an easy guide to understanding everything from street slang to jokes, making sure you never feel lost again when speaking with your Latino friends.
- The author’s wit and humor makes Mexislang a fun read.
- Jiménez’s book is the perfect resource for anyone looking to learn more about Mexico and its culture.
- The author could have gone into more depth with certain topics.
- The book might be too dense for people who are not familiar with Spanish slang.
- Some readers may find the humor dry and unenlightening
Learn more about the author
Raúl Jiménez is a Mexican-American author, journalist and teacher. He was born in El Paso, Texas and grew up in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. After completing his undergraduate studies at the University of Texas at El Paso, he worked as a reporter for several newspapers throughout the Southwest U.S., including The Dallas Morning News and The Los Angeles Times. In recent years he has taught journalism at California State Polytechnic University Pomona and Chapman University in Orange County, California.
“This is an awesome book! It has totally helped me to understand my Mexican friends better. Now I can joke around with them and not be lost when they are talking about things that I don’t know about.”
“This book is a must have for any non-Mexican trying to understand the Mexican language and culture. It’s full of street slang, jokes, and cultural insights that will help you get one step closer to communication with your Mexican friends.”
“Mexislang is the key to unlocking the secrets of Mexican culture and communication. With humor and insight, Raúl Jiménez provides a comprehensive guide to understanding one of America’s most vibrant cultures.”
“Mexislang should be a must-read for any foreigner trying to make sense of the Mexican dialect. I found myself laughing out loud on many occasions.”