For who is this book for ?
This book is for someone who wants to learn about the life of Michael Jordan. It tells his story from beginning to end, and covers everything in between.
- It tells the story of one of the world’s greatest athletes
- It covers his life from college to retirement
- It is a great sports book
- The author often digresses from the topic of Jordan’s life to discuss topics that are only marginally related.
- The book is very long, and some sections could be edited down without losing much information.
- There is a lot of repetition throughout the book, as the author frequently goes back over similar events or accomplishments.
Learn more about the author
Roland Lazenby is a freelance journalist and author who has written for Sports Illustrated, ESPN, the Los Angeles Times, Time magazine, and other publications.
“Lazenby has captured the essence of who Jordan was on and off the court. This is a must read for any basketball fan.”
“Lazenby’s MJ is the most comprehensive and insightful biography of Jordan I’ve ever read. This isn’t just a book about basketball; it provides context for everything in Michael’s life, from his family upbringing to the business deals he made after retirement. If you want to understand who Michael Jordan is as a person, this is the book to read.”
“Roland Lazenby has written the definitive biography of Michael Jordan. From his college career to NBA Finals triumphs to endorsing Nike shoes, Lazenby tells the entire story with insight and clarity. This book is a must-read for any basketball fan.”
“Lazenby has crafted a masterpiece that is not only the most exhaustive account of Jordan’s life and basketball career to date, but also one of the finest sports biographies ever written.”