In Mind Gym, Gary Mack offers tips and advice on how to achieve excellence both physically and mentally. Drawing from his own experiences as an athlete as well as stories of other successful sports figures, Mack outlines a program for improving self-confidence and developing the ability to focus under pressure. He stresses the importance of visualization techniques and positive thinking in achieving athletic goals.
For who is this book for ?
This book is perfect for athletes who are looking to improve their mental game. Mack covers all the bases, from developing self-confidence to dealing with disappointment, and provides helpful exercises that readers can use to boost their performance.
- The book outlines a program for improving self-confidence and developing the ability to focus under pressure.
- The author stresses the importance of visualization techniques and positive thinking in achieving athletic goals.
- This is a great book for athletes who are looking to improve their performance.
- The author’s advice may be helpful to some, but it is not comprehensive or groundbreaking.
- The book reads like a self-help guide rather than an in-depth exploration of the mental side of athletics.
- It can be repetitive and preachy at times.
Learn more about the author
Gary Mack is a sports psychologist who has worked with professional athletes in the NFL, NBA, and NASCAR. He lives in Charlotte, North Carolina.
“This is not your typical sports psychology book. Mack has taken a unique and interesting approach to helping athletes improve their mental game.”
“I bought this book to help me in my job as a football coach. I have finished reading it and applying the principles and can say that it has already helped. This is an excellent book for anyone in any field.”
“Mack’s book should be read by every person that participates in any athletic activity. The principles discussed can easily be applied to everyday life.”
“I am a high school basketball coach and I have been using Mind Gym with my team. The results have been amazing! We are now in the playoffs for the first time in 4 years. This book is a must for any athlete or coach.”