If you’re interested in becoming more self-sufficient, Mini Farming is the perfect guidebook for you. Written by Brett L. Markham, an avid urban homesteader and small farmer, this comprehensive manual will teach you how to grow your own food on a limited amount of land. Whether you live in an apartment or have a backyard garden plot, Mini Farming can help you maximize your yield while conserving resources. Inside you’ll find step-by-step instructions for setting up and managing a successful mini farm, complete with profiles of real-life farmers from around the country who are successfully growing organic produce using less than 1/4 acre of land. You’ll learn everything from seed selection and planting techniques to harvesting and preserving your bounty – all without breaking the bank or sacrificing flavor or nutrition!
For who is this book for ?
This book is for people who want to be more self-sufficient and are willing to put in the effort learn how. It’s a great manual for small-scale farmers, backyard gardeners, and anyone else looking to produce their own food. Whether you’re just starting out or have some experience under your belt, Mini Farming has something to offer everyone interested in sustainable agriculture.
- The book is filled with step-by-step instructions and real life profiles to help the reader get started.
- The information in the book is credible, as it is written by an urban homesteader and small farmer.
- The author offers a comprehensive guide that will teach you how to be selfsufficient on 1/4 acre of land, which can be applied to both apartment living or backyard garden plots
- The author is a little too enthusiastic about mini farming and it can be annoying at times.
- The book covers a lot of material, so it might be overwhelming for beginners.
- Some of the information may become outdated quickly as trends in small-scale farming change.
Learn more about the author
Brett L. Markham is an urban homesteader, small farmer, and author of Mini Farming: Self-Sufficiency on 1/4 Acre. He has been practicing sustainable agriculture for over a decade and currently grows vegetables, fruits, herbs, flowers, eggs, honeybees and chickens in his backyard mini farm in Lexington Kentucky. Brett is also the Co-founder of The Cloverleaf Alliance For Sustainable Living (www.cloverleafalliance.org), a non-profit organization devoted to promoting ecologically responsible living practices through education and community outreach.
“This book is amazing! It has everything you need to know in order to get into mini farming, even if you have no prior experience.”
“A great read for anyone interested in getting into mini farming, or becoming more self-sufficient.”
“This book is a fantastic resource for anyone looking to get into mini farming, or for those that have already started and are looking to take their production up a notch. The advice is well-written, easy to follow, and based on years of personal experience from the author.”
“This book is a top resource for anyone who wants to start their own mini farm, whether they have an acreage or just a small patio.”