If you’re looking for a detailed guide to help you keep your houseplants alive and styled perfectly, look no further than Never Put a Cactus in the Bathroom. Written by Emily L. Hay Hinsdale, this book offers room-by-room advice on how to select and care for plants that will thrive in each space of your home. From cacti and succulents to ivy and ferns, there’s a plant perfect for every corner of your abode.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who wants to learn about houseplants and how to care for them. It offers detailed advice on a range of plants, from cacti and succulents to ivy and ferns, so you can find the perfect plant for your own home. The author also provides tips on styling your plants in each room of your house, making this an invaluable guide for anyone who wants to create a beautiful indoor garden.
- The book is organized by room, making it easy to find plants that will thrive in a specific space.
- The author provides detailed care instructions for each plant, ensuring success for even the most novice green thumb.
- The eclectic mix of plants featured in the book guarantees there’s a perfect fit for any home décor style.
- The book is a little outdated, as it was published in 2016.
- The author does not include any information about low-light plants, which can be challenging for people who don’t have a lot of sunlight available.
- Some of the care instructions are quite specific and may be difficult to follow if you’re not experienced with gardening.
Learn more about the author
Emily L. Hay Hinsdale is a plant enthusiast and freelance writer based in Southern California. After years of caring for her own houseplants, she decided to share her expertise with the world by writing Never Put a Cactus in the Bathroom. When she’s not writing or gardening, Emily can be found hiking and camping with her husband and dog in Joshua Tree National Park.
“A fun and informative read for anyone with a green thumb – or aspiring to have one! Emily offers helpful tips on how to style and care for plants in every room of your house, as well as sage advice on which plants are best suited for different climates. I’m definitely inspired to spruce up my home with some new greenery.”
“This book is a must-have for any plant lover! It provides in-depth information on how to care for plants in every room of your house, with handy tips and warnings about which plants are best suited for each space. I have already used the advice in this book to successfully style my home with beautiful plants that thrive!”
“This is the perfect book for anyone who wants to add some life (and green!) to their home without resorting to plastic plants. Emily L. Hay Hinsdale provides clear and concise advice on how to choose the right plants, where to place them, and how best to care for them.”
“This book was a God-send! I have always loved plants, but never had the greenest of thumbs. After reading this guide, my plants are thriving!”