Never Split the Difference is a business and careers book written by Chris Voss. The book focuses on the art of negotiation, and provides readers with strategies they can use to get what they want out of any situation.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for people who want to get better at negotiating. It covers strategies that can be used in a variety of situations, from negotiations with employers or clients, to settling disputes with friends or family members.
- The book is full of strategies that can be used in any negotiation situation.
- Chris Voss has a lot of experience as a hostage negotiator, and he shares his knowledge in the book.
- The writing style is easy to read and makes learning about negotiations fun.
- The book can be a little dense at times, and may require some effort to get through.
- Some of the strategies presented may not be feasible or applicable in every situation.
- The book does not account for cultural differences that could impact negotiations.
Learn more about the author
Chris Voss is a former FBI hostage negotiator. He has more than 20 years of experience negotiating for the release of hostages, and his skills have been used in some of the most high-profile cases in recent history. In Never Split the Difference, he draws on this wealth of experience to teach readers how to get what they want out of any negotiation.
“This book offers an intriguing look at the psychology of negotiation, backed up by real-world examples. Chris Voss shows how to use empathy and understanding to deal with difficult people and situations.”
“This book is dynamite! It could potentially change your life as it has mine… Chris Voss understands human nature and psychology in a way that allows him to teach anyone how to negotiate effectively. If you are looking for an edge in business, this book is it!”
“Chris Voss has written an amazing book on the art of negotiation. He takes you step by step through real life examples of how to successfully navigate any situation. If you are looking to get ahead in your career, or simply want to be able to confidently handle tricky negotiations this is the book for you!”
“Chris Voss has written a masterpiece on the art of negotiation. From revealing his own fascinating experiences as an FBI hostage negotiator, to sharing gutsy tactics that work in any type of negotiation scenario, Chris provides expert tips and strategies that will help you get what you want – every time.”