On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness is a children’s audiobook written by Andrew Peterson. In this book, readers follow Janner and his siblings as they set off on an adventure to find their father, who has gone missing. Along the way, they must face dangerous creatures and tricky obstacles in order to save their family.
For who is this book for ?
- The storyline is exciting and engaging
- The characters are well-developed and likable
- The audiobook narration is excellent
- The audiobook may be difficult for younger listeners to follow, as it is narrated by an adult.
- The book does not have many pictures, which could make it less enjoyable for children.
- Some of the vocabulary in the book may be challenging for young readers.
Learn more about the author
Andrew Peterson is the author of On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness, as well as two other Wingfeather Sagas: North! Or Be Eaten and The Monsters Of Morley Manor. He lives in Nashville, TN with his wife and four children.
“I’m so excited to start this book! I’ve heard such great things about it.”
“My boys (8 and 10) loved this book! We listened to the audio version and they were captivated from beginning to end. The characters are engaging and the plot is exciting. A great read for anyone looking for a good adventure story.”
“My six-year-old listened to the audio book and loved it. She was fascinated by the characters, their predicaments, and their courage.”
“Fantastic tale with great life lessons interwoven. This is the first book in a series, and I am eagerly looking forward to more.”