On Writing is a memoir by horror fiction author Stephen King. The book covers his career, from struggling young writer to iconic best-seller. In it, he offers advice for aspiring writers and insights into the craft of writing. He also shares personal stories about his life and work.
For who is this book for ?
On Writing is a must read for any writer, aspiring or otherwise. King’s advice is candid and often blunt, but it’s also intelligent and full of helpful tips. The book is also interesting from a personal standpoint, as King shares various stories about his life and career.
- The book is insightful, offering advice and personal stories from one of the most successful authors in history.
- It provides an interesting look into the process of writing, shedding light on what goes into creating a bestselling novel.
- King’s writing style is engaging and easy to read, making this a quick but informative read.
- The author tends to ramble on at times.
- It can be a bit repetitive.
- There are some sections that may be of limited interest to non-writers.
Learn more about the author
Stephen King is one of the most successful horror fiction authors in history. He has written dozens of best-selling novels, including Carrie, The Shining, and It.
“This is a great book for any writer – from beginners to experts. King’s insights and advice are honest, helpful, and entertaining.”
“This isn’t a book about how to write. It’s about how to be a writer.”
“As a writer, Stephen King is one of my idols. His ability to make the macabre and commonplace collide is unparalleled in modern fiction.”
“On Writing is filled with King’s trademark candor and wisdom, combining personal memoir with clear-eyed advice on the craft of writing. For aspiring writers and lovers of the written word, this insightful volume is required reading.”