In Outliers, Malcolm Gladwell takes a closer look at what makes high-achievers achieve to their full potential. He argues that it’s not simply natural talent or luck that sets these individuals apart, but instead the culmination of specific factors and circumstances which often include an element of chance. Drawing on cutting-edge research across psychology, sociology and business studies, Outliers provides a convincing argument for why success is rarely down to simple innate ability alone.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for somebody who wants to be successful and has a thirst for knowledge. Malcolm Gladwell does an amazing job of breaking down complex ideas into easy-to-understand points that the average person can appreciate. If you’re looking to get ahead in life, this is definitely the read for you!
- Outliers challenges the idea that success is purely due to natural talent
- It offers a fresh perspective on what it takes to be successful
- The author’s writing style is engaging and easy to read
- It’s a bit dense and may be difficult to get through for some readers.
- Gladwell occasionally gets carried away with his own theories and strays from the evidence presented.
- It focuses largely on successful white men, so offers an incomplete picture of success stories
Learn more about the author
Malcolm Gladwell is a bestselling author, journalist and speaker. His works include The Tipping Point, Blink and Outliers.
“Outliers is an engaging and insightful exploration of the origins of success. By looking at how external factors such as culture, family, opportunity and circumstance can play a role in achievement, Gladwell provides us with a better understanding of what it takes to be truly successful. This book is sure to change the way you think about your own potential.”
“This book is absolutely amazing! It opened my eyes to the world of success and what it takes to be successful. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in pursuing a career or achieving any kind of excellence.”
“An intoxicating brew of psychology, sociology, business studies and research…Gladwell’s theories are delightful to read about.”
“Outliers is a fascinating read. I was hooked from beginning to end.”