This book is all about giving up alcohol, and the author’s own journey with quitting. She discusses how drinking has become such a normalized part of our culture, and why it can be so difficult to break away from that mentality. The book offers advice and support for anyone looking to ditch the bottle for good.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for those who are looking to break free from the grips of alcohol addiction. It provides advice, support, and resources for anyone willing to give up drinking.
- The author is candid and relatable, sharing her own struggles with drinking
- The book offers helpful tips and advice for quitting alcohol
- It encourages readers to celebrate their sobriety in a culture that often glorifies alcohol
- The author’s personal story may be difficult for some readers to relate to
- The book does not offer a lot of scientific evidence to support its claims
- It can be repetitive in places
Learn more about the author
Holly Whitaker is a health coach and author who focuses on helping people to quit drinking. She has been sober herself for ten years, and draws on her own experiences in order to help others make the change. Holly’s book Quit Like a Woman offers advice and support for anyone looking to ditch the bottle for good.
“This is an excellent book for anyone looking to understand the motivations behind quitting alcohol, as well as how to do it. Holly Whitaker provides a wealth of information and support in an approachable, relatable way.”
“This is an amazing and insightful book about alcohol. Holly Whitaker provides great advice and encouragement for those looking to quit drinking.”
“Holly Whitaker’s inspiring and insightful book offers a fresh and much-needed perspective on the role of alcohol in our lives. If you’re considering quitting drinking, Quit Like a Woman will guide you every step of the way.”
“A must-read for anyone seeking to explore their relationship with alcohol.”