Kim Scott’s book, Radical Candor: Fully Revised & Updated Edition is a guide for business professionals on how to be an effective boss while still maintaining their personal integrity. The book offers tips and advice on topics such as giving feedback, building trust, and managing difficult conversations. It also includes real-world examples from Scott’s own experiences of being a successful leader in the business world.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for business professionals who want to learn how to be an effective boss while maintaining their personal integrity. The tips and advice in the book are applicable to a wide range of industries, and readers will find real-world examples from Scott’s own experiences as a successful leader in the business world.
- The author’s own experiences as a leader in the business world offer real-world examples.
- The book offers tips and advice on how to be an effective boss while maintaining personal integrity.
- The subtitle, “Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity,” is very accurate and appealing.
- The book can be dense at times and may require taking breaks to fully process the information.
- The concepts discussed in Radical Candor are not always easy to implement, especially for those who are used to more traditional managerial styles.
- Some readers may find that Scott’s advice is too bossy or directive
Learn more about the author
Kim Scott is a leadership advisor, consultant, and public speaker. She previously worked at Google, Apple, and Bridgewater Associates.
“If you are a people leader, read this book. If you aspire to be a people leader, read this book. If someone ever tells you that ‘People don’t matter,’ give them this book.”
“This is a must read for anyone who wants to be a great leader or has any desire to manage others!”
“If you are looking for a book that contains sage advice from someone who has been there, Radical Candor is as close to it as you will find.”