This book is all about permaculture – a type of agriculture that focuses on sustainable, holistic land management. It’s written by Mark Shepard, who owns and operates the 112-acre farm Forest Farm in Viola, Wisconsin. In Restoration Agriculture, he shares his wealth of knowledge on how to create a productive landscape using principles of permaculture. He covers topics such as water harvesting, orchard design, annual crop production and more. This book is an essential read for anyone interested in learning more about this increasingly popular form of agriculture.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for farmers and gardening hobbyists who are looking to create a sustainable, productive landscape using the principles of permaculture.
- It is a comprehensive guide to permaculture,
- It provides detailed information on how to establish a productive permaculture landscape,
- It is written by an experienced farmer who has successfully implemented these techniques himself.
- The author is based in the United States, so some of the information may not be relevant to readers in other parts of the world.
- The book can be a little dense at times and may require some effort to get through.
- It’s quite long, which means it might not be suitable for everyone
Learn more about the author
Mark Shepard is the owner and operator of Forest Farm, a 112-acre permaculture demonstration site in Viola, Wisconsin. He has written extensively on the subject of permaculture and lectured throughout North America on restoration agriculture.
“If you are at all interested in sustainable agriculture, this is a must-read book. Shepard’s years of experience as a farmer shine through on every page, and he provides clear instructions for implementing many of the permaculture techniques that have worked so well for him.”
“A great resource for farmers interested in learning about permaculture.”
“A great guide to permaculture for farmers.”