Dave Itzkoff’s “Robin” is a revealing, unauthorized biography of the late Robin Williams that tells the story of one of America’s most beloved and acclaimed comedians. From his early days on Mork & Mindy through his death in 2014, readers will uncover never-before-seen details aboutWilliams’ life and career.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who wants to know more about Robin Williams’ life and career. Itzkoff provides an in-depth look at the comedian’s work, from his early days on Mork & Mindy to his death in 2014.
- This book is unauthorized, so it contains a lot of previously unreleased details about Robin Williams’ life and career.
- It’s written by Dave Itzkoff, who is a longtime reporter for the New York Times and has intimate knowledge of the subject matter.
- The book provides an in-depth look at one of America’s most beloved comedians.
- The author tries to cover too much ground in the book, which results in a lack of detail on some topics.
- The sections about Williams’ personal life are particularly dark and harrowing.
- Some readers may find the level of detail invasive or uncomfortable.
Learn more about the author
Dave Itzkoff is a culture reporter for The New York Times. He has written about the arts, entertainment, and technology for magazines including GQ, Wired, Vanity Fair (where he was a staff writer), and New York.
“If you’re a fan of Robin Williams, this is definitely the book for you. Itzkoff does an excellent job of detailing the highs and lows of his life and career, giving readers a well-rounded view of one of America’s most loved comedians.”
“I laughed, I cried, and I now have a much greater understanding of the man behind the genius. Dave Itzkoff’s Robin is a compelling and comprehensive biography – must reading for any fan of Williams or comedy.”
“This is an excellent account of Robin Williams’ life and career. Dave Itzkoff has done a superb job in researching and presenting the information in a very readable format. There are many insights into who Williams was as both a person and an artist, and the book is enlivened by numerous anecdotes from those who knew him well.”
“Dave Itzkoff has done it again! This time, he’s written a revealing and unauthorized biography of the late Robin Williams. In “