Ruthless Crown is a young adult, LGBTQ+ novel that tells the story of two young royals who must come to terms with their forbidden love. As they fight for their relationship against all odds, they learn more about themselves and each other than they ever thought possible.
For who is this book for ?
This novel is perfect for young adults who are interested in LGBTQ+ stories, tales of forbidden love, and novels with a bit of mystery and suspense.
- The characters are well-developed and relatable.
- The plot is exciting and unpredictable.
- The LGBTQ+ representation is accurate and sensitively handled.
- The love story between the two main characters is a little too cliche
- The book feels like it’s trying to hard to be queer and LGBTQ+ friendly
- The plot moves a bit too slowly for my taste
Learn more about the author
Amanda Richardson is a queer YA author who lives in the middle of nowhere, Texas with her partner and their two spoiled cats. When she’s not writing, she can be found reading, playing video games, or watching Netflix (probably all at once). Ruthless Crown is her debut novel.
“Richardson has penned a beautiful love story that is fraught with political intrigue and betrayal. I couldn’t put it down!”
“Ruthless Crown is a beautifully written story that will stay with you long after you finish reading it. Amanda Richardson has created characters that are realistic, relatable and absolutely unforgettable.”
“Richardson’s debut novel is a beautifully written story that will stay with you long after the last page is turned. Full of intricate details and well-developed characters, Ruthless Crown sucked me in from the very first chapter.”