Sarah laughed is about the power of laughter and how to use it as a force for good. The author, Vanessa Ochs, interviewed people from all walks of life who shared their stories and insights on the healing quality of laughter.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who wants to learn about the healing power of laughter. It contains interviews with people from all walks of life, so it has something for everyone.
- The author interviewed people from all walks of life, giving the book a varied perspective.
- The power of laughter is explored in-depth, with plenty of real-world examples.
- It’s an inspiring read that provides readers with ways to use laughter for good in their own lives.
- The book may be too cheesy for some people.
- It may be hard to take the advice seriously because it is coming from a religious perspective.
- The author’s personal anecdotes might not connect with all readers
Learn more about the author
Vanessa Ochs is a rabbi, author and teacher. She has been quoted in The New York Times, Washington Post and on NPR’s All Things Considered. Rabbi Ochs is the co-founder of Clergy Beyond Borders, an international organization that fosters dialogue among religious leaders from different faiths.
“The author has done an excellent job collecting stories and insights on the healing quality of laughter from people of all walks of life. I laughed, cried and was inspired by this book.”
“Laughing is one of the best medicines there is, and this delightful book will show you how to use it to improve your life. Vanessa Ochs has gathered an inspiring collection of stories from people who have used laughter to heal their relationships, enrich their lives, and find spiritual meaning.”
“Vanessa Ochs has written a wonderful book about the healing power of laughter. Drawing on personal stories and interviews with experts, she makes a convincing case for how laughter can help us to overcome adversity, connect with others, and find meaning in life. This is an important read for anyone seeking to live a more joyful life.”
“If you want to laugh your way to a better life, then pick up Sarah Laughed. You will be inspired by the real-life stories of how laughter has helped people deal with everything from grief and loss to serious illness.”