This book offers a new perspective on Attention Deficit Disorder, or ADD. The author, Gabor Maté MD, believes that the disorder originates from factors such as emotional neglect and trauma during early childhood development. He also provides strategies for improving attention span and managing ADD symptoms.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who wants to learn more about Attention Deficit Disorder. It provides a comprehensive overview of the disorder, from its origins to potential treatments.
- The author has personal experience with ADD, which lends authority to his ideas and recommendations.
- The book is well researched and provides a wealth of information on the topic.
- It includes helpful exercises and strategies that can be implemented into daily life to improve attention span and manage ADD symptoms.
- The author’s perspective on ADD may be controversial to some readers.
- The book does not offer any scientific evidence to support the author’s claims about the origins of ADD.
- The strategies for managing ADD symptoms are very general and might not work for everyone.
Learn more about the author
Gabor Maté MD is a Canadian physician and author who has written extensively on the topics of addiction and attention deficit disorder.
“Dr. Gabor Mate’s book is a compassionate and informative guide for those who are living with ADD or ADHD, as well as their loved ones. With insight into the origins of this disorder and its links to emotional trauma, Dr. Mate provides clear guidance on how to improve attention span and manage symptoms.”
“Absolutely incredible book! Dr. Maté’s approach is fresh and insightful, drawing on extensive research as well as his personal experience with ADD patients. The many strategies he recommends are extremely helpful for managing ADD symptoms.”
“This is an amazing book. I have a son with ADHD and this has been the best help to me so far.”
“This is an excellent book that completely changed my view of ADD. Dr. Maté provides convincing evidence for his argument and offers helpful strategies for managing symptoms.”