The book tells the story of Seabiscuit, an undersized racehorse who became a world-famous champion. Hillenbrand writes with vivid detail and emotion about the horse’s unlikely journey to fame, as well as the human characters who helped him achieve his successes.
For who is this book for ?
This book is great for sports enthusiasts and those who love a underdog story.
- The author writes with vivid detail and emotion, making the story come alive.
- The underdog story of Seabiscuit is fascinating and inspiring.
- Hillenbrand does a wonderful job of bringing together all the different elements that made Seabiscuit such an iconic figure.
- The author takes a lot of liberties telling the story which makes it difficult to follow at times.
- There is a lot of racing jargon that can be difficult to understand if you’re not familiar with it.
- The book is long and may be tough to get through for some people.
Learn more about the author
Laura Hillenbrand is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Seabiscuit, Unbroken, and Endurance. She has also been a contributing editor at Vanity Fair and food columnist at Slate. Her work has appeared in Best American Sports Writing, The New Yorker, Time, Wall Street Journal, Atlantic Monthly, Forbes FYI magazine ,and other publications. A native of Lexington Ky., she graduated from Kenyon College.
“This is a story that will stay with you long after the last page.”
“If you’re looking for a book that will keep you interested from beginning to end, then I highly recommend Seabiscuit. Not only is the story captivating, but Hillenbrand’s writing makes it easy to picture everything that’s happening.”
“What a story! Laura Hillenbrand has done it again, capturing hearts with the tale of an unlikely hero. Seabiscuit was everything that racing fans look for in their champions – heart, speed, and determination – and his improbable journey to glory is all the more amazing because he accomplished it during the darkest days of America’s history. This book is not just about horse racing; it’s about human resilience in the face of overwhelming odds.”
“You don’t have to be a horse racing enthusiast to enjoy this book. Laura Hillenbrand takes you on an amazing journey with Seabiscuit, from his humble beginnings as an underdog to becoming one of the most celebrated racehorses in history.”