In the world of Steelheart, those who have abilities are called Epics. And they rule with an iron fist. David’s father was killed by one and now, 10 years later, he wants revenge – even if it means joining a group of vigilante rebels known as The Reckoners. When he finally comes face-to-face with Steelheart himself however; things don’t quite go to plan…
For who is this book for ?
Steelheart is for young adults who enjoy action and adventure stories. The novel has a well-developed plot, exciting fight scenes, and interesting characters.
- The book is action-packed and fast-paced
- The characters are well developed and interesting
- It has a great plot that will keep you hooked until the end
- It’s been compared to The Hunger Games, but I didn’t find it that great
- The characters are quite cliché and not all that likable
- The action sequences felt a bit forced and unrealistic
Learn more about the author
Brandon Sanderson is an American author of fantasy, science fiction and children’s books. He was born in December 1975 in Lincoln, Nebraska. In 2008 Brandon took over writing the Wheel of Time series after Robert Jordan’s death.
“This book was amazing! I wasn’t sure what to expect when I read the summary but it completely hooked me. The characters were well developed and the plotline was very exciting.”
“An excellent beginning to a new epic fantasy series.”
“The world of Steelheart is fascinating and well-developed, the plot is exciting, and the characters are believable and likable.”
“The world is so well built and the characters are amazing. I felt everything they felt.”