In Superintelligence, Oxford philosopher Nick Bostrom offers a provocative analysis of artificial intelligence and its potential to shape the future of humanity. Bostrom argues that if machine brains surpass human cognitive abilities, they could endanger our continued existence as a species. He proposes ways to steer AI development in more beneficial directions and discusses how we can prepare for the challenges posed by superintelligence. This thought-provoking book is essential reading for anyone interested in where technology is taking us—and what we should do about it.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who is interested in where technology is taking us and what we should do about it.
- Superintelligence offers a thorough analysis of artificial intelligence and its potential implications
- The book is written in an engaging and accessible style, making it enjoyable to read
- It provides readers with important insights into the future of our species and what we can do to ensure that it is a positive one
- Superintelligence is dense and difficult to read
- It’s depressing to think about the implications of artificial intelligence outgrowing human intelligence
- Bostrom provides no clear solutions or recommendations
Learn more about the author
Nick Bostrom is a philosopher at Oxford University and the director of the Future of Humanity Institute. He has written extensively on philosophical issues related to technology, ethics, and warfare.
“Bostrom’s Superintelligence may be the most important book on AI ever written.”
“Superintelligence is a must-read for anyone exploring the future of artificial intelligence and machine learning. Bostrom provides readers with an in-depth exploration of both the opportunities and risks associated with AI development.”
“Must-read for anyone interested in where technology is taking us—and what we should do about it.”