The Actor’s Life is a Survival Guide written by Jenna Fischer, who rose to fame playing Pam Beesly on NBC’s The Office. The book chronicles her life and eight seasons on the show, from an unknown actress trying to make it in Hollywood to a household name. Along the way, she shares anecdotes about auditions, network executives, costars (including Steve Carell and John Krasinski), and struggling with typecasting after leaving The Office.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for aspiring actors, or anyone who wants to know what it’s like to be a working actor in Hollywood.
- The Actor’s Life is an honest, accurate portrayal of the highs and lows that come with being a professional actor.
- Jenna Fischer is relatable and funny, making her story interesting to read.
- The Actor’s Life contains useful advice for anyone aspiring to have a career in show business.
- The book is dry and poorly written.
- It mostly focuses on Jenna Fischer’s career rather than helpful advice for actors.
- The author has little experience in Hollywood, making her advice unhelpful
Learn more about the author
Jenna Fischer is an actress and writer who starred as Pam Beesly on NBC’s The Office.
“If you’re looking for an honest, unromanticized glimpse into the life of an actor, then this is the book for you.”
“Fischer’s book is charming, laugh-out-loud funny in parts and brutally honest about the highs and lows of her career.”
“This book is Fischer’s way of giving back to the people who have helped her achieve success. It is an insightful and humorous look into the life of a working actor, from auditioning for roles to being on set.”