The Anthropocene Reviewed is a compilation of essays by author John Green discussing the implications of humans having essentially taken over and changed the planet. The book centers around the idea that we are now living in an era known as the Anthropocene, which is characterized by human-influenced geologic changes to our environment. In light of this drastic shift, Green considers what it means for humanity to have such a large impact on our world – both good and bad.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who wants to learn more about the Anthropocene and how it has changed our planet. Green provides a detailed, yet easy-to-read exploration of this new era, making it perfect for anyone interested in environmental studies or human behavior.
- The book offers a unique perspective on the Anthropocene era that is both informative and insightful.
- The essays are well written and provide thoughtful analysis of complex issues.
- The book is accessible to a wide range of readers, making it an ideal choice for those seeking to learn more about this topic.
- The Anthropocene Reviewed can be dense and difficult to read at times.
- The essays don’t always flows well from one to the next.
- It’s not a light or easy read, but it is rewarding for those who stick with it.
Learn more about the author
John Green is a prolific author, vlogger, and YouTube personality. He won the prestigious Printz Award for his novel The Fault in Our Stars, which has been adapted to film. His other books include Paper Towns (made into a movie by Fox 2000 Pictures released July 24th, 2015), Looking for Alaska (a New York Times bestseller), An Abundance of Katherines ( appeared on the major Best Seller lists of The Washington Post Book World , Wall Street Journal , San Francisco Chronicle ), and Will Grayson, Will Grayson with David Levithan .
“This is a book that will make you think about the world around you in a completely new way. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to get a better understanding of how our species is impacting the planet.”
“An important, densely argued book that takes the long view on humanity’s impact on our planet.”
“Green offers a comprehensive, well-written exploration of the Anthropocene…This is an important book for anyone seeking to understand our current planetary predicament.”
“This book is a great read for anyone who wants to think more deeply about the human impact on our planet. Green provides insightful and provocative arguments that will make you rethink how we live.”