In this fascinating book, Kevin Mitnick explains the many ways that attackers can exploit human vulnerabilities to gain access to systems and data. He offers strategies for preventing such attacks, as well as advice on detecting and responding to them. Mitnick’s insights are drawn from his own extraordinary experience in the world of information security, as well as from lessons learned from other experts in the field. The Art of Deception will help you understand how people think-and more importantly, how they act-when their personal or professional stakes are high.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who wants to better understand the human element of security. Mitnick provides clear explanations and real-world examples that illustrate how attackers can use human weaknesses to gain access to systems and data. He offers practical advice on how people can protect themselves against such attacks, as well as guidance on detecting and responding to them.
- This book is filled with interesting stories and examples that illustrate how attackers can exploit human vulnerabilities.
- It provides strategies for preventing attacks, as well as advice on detecting and responding to them.
- Mitnick’s insights are drawn from his own extraordinary experience in the world of information security, as well as from lessons learned from other experts in the field.
- It may make you paranoid about being hacked.
- It’s a dense read and not very fun to get through.
- You’ll have to take everything with a grain of salt, as Mitnick is known for exaggerating some of his stories.
Learn more about the author
Kevin Mitnick is one of the world’s most renowned computer hackers. He has been convicted of multiple computer crimes and spent five years in prison. He now runs a security consulting firm and lectures around the world on information security.
“Mitnick’s The Art of Deception is a fresh, insightful take on information security that should be required reading for anyone working in or with technology.”
“The Art of Deception by Kevin Mitnick is one of the most insightful books I’ve ever read about human behavior and information security. Anyone who wants to understand how people can be manipulated or compromised would benefit from reading this book.”
“If you want to know how the bad guys think, this is the book to read.”
“This book is required reading for anyone responsible for security in their organization.”