This book is about finding peace and freedom in the here and now. It’s written by renowned Buddhist monk Thích Nhất Hạnh, who teaches that through mindfulness, we can learn to live in the present moment and find happiness even in difficult circumstances. The Art of Living explores a variety of techniques for cultivating mindfulness and inner peace, including meditation, yoga, walking meditation, self-inquiry, and more.
For who is this book for ?
The Art of Living is for anyone who is looking to find more peace and happiness in their lives. It offers a variety of techniques that can be used to cultivate mindfulness, including meditation, yoga, and self-inquiry.
- This book can help you find peace and freedom in the here and now.
- It’s written by a renowned Buddhist monk, Thích Nhất Hạnh, who is known for his teachings on mindfulness and inner peace.
- The Art of Living explores a variety of techniques for cultivating mindfulness and inner peace, including meditation, yoga, walking meditation, self-inquiry, and more.
- The book can be repetitive at times.
- It doesn’t offer a lot of actionable advice.
- The author’s views might not be compatible with everyone’s beliefs.
Learn more about the author
Thích Nhất Hạnh is a Vietnamese Buddhist monk, mindful meditation teacher, and peace activist. He has written over 100 books on mindfulness and engaged Buddhism, which have been translated into dozens of languages.
“Thích Nhất Hạnh is one of my favorite teachers on the subject of mindfulness and peace. His books are always simple, straightforward, and filled with hope.”
“This is an excellent book. The author has a great way of explaining things and makes it easy to understand how to live in the present moment.”
“The Art of Living blew me away. It is one of those books that you can read more than once and get something different from it each time.”
“This is an excellent book that I would recommend to anyone on the path of personal growth and self-awareness. The teachings are clear, concise, and easy to understand. Thich Nhat Hanh’s wisdom comes through in every word making this a valuable read for both beginners and experienced meditators.”