The Baseball 100 is a new book by Joe Posnanski that takes a look at the top one hundred players in baseball history. Posnanski ranks the players based on their overall performance, with an emphasis on their impact on the game both on and off of the field. The book also includes essays from some of baseball’s biggest legends, including Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, and Cal Ripken Jr.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for baseball fans of all ages who want to learn more about the sport’s greatest players. It provides an in-depth look at the top one hundred players in history, as well as essays from some of baseball’s biggest legends.
- The Baseball 100 is a great read for any baseball fan, old or new.
- Posnanski does an excellent job ranking the players based on their overall performance.
- The book includes essays from some of baseball’s biggest legends, providing interesting insights into each player’s career.
- The Baseball 100 is a little too obsessed with stats and numbers.
- Some of the essays are a bit dry to read.
- It’s not exactly light reading material.
Learn more about the author
Joe Posnanski is a sports journalist and author who has worked for publications such as Sports Illustrated, The Kansas City Star, and NBCSports.com. He is the winner of three Eclipse Awards for excellence in horse racing journalism and was named National Sportswriter of the Year in 2010 by the Associated Press.
“The Baseball 100 is a fantastic read! Joe Posnanski does an excellent job of ranking the top players in baseball history, and his essays from some of baseball’s biggest legends are fascinating. This book is a must-read for any fan of the game.”
“This is one of the most enjoyable and well-done sports books I have ever read. Joe Posnanski knows his baseball, and he weaves an excellent tale while paying tribute to some of the greatest players who ever graced a ball field… This book is highly recommended for any fan of our national pastime.”
“A great read for any baseball fan, regardless of your level of knowledge about the game.”