“The Bond King” tells the story of legendary investment advisor Bill Gross and his rise to power in the bond market. It charts his spectacular fall from grace, culminating in his 2014 firing from PIMCO, the largest bond fund in the world. Alongside this personal account is a broader history of Wall Street’s fascination with bonds and how it has evolved over time.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for people with an interest in finance and investment, particularly those who want to learn more about the bond market. It also provides a fascinating behind-the-scenes look at life on Wall Street.
- The Bond King is a well-written and engaging account of Bill Gross’s career as an investment advisor.
- It provides a valuable historical perspective on the bond market, covering topics such as its origins and growth over time.
- The book offers readers a unique glimpse into the world of high finance and Wall Street culture.
- The author focuses more on Gross’s personal life than on his professional accomplishments.
- The book offers little technical commentary on the bond market or investment strategies.
- There is no index, making it difficult to locate specific information in the text.
Learn more about the author
Mary Childs is a senior writer at Reuters, covering the securities industry. She has been with Reuters since 2007 and has also worked as an editor at Mergermarket, Institutional Investor News Service, and Thomson Financial.
“The Bond King”
“If you’re even remotely interested in finance, this is a must read. It’s well written and easy to follow despite the technical nature of some of the concepts.”
“This book is a great example of why I love non-fiction. It reads like a novel, but is packed full of information that I didn’t know before. If you’re at all interested in finance or just want to learn more about one of the most fascinating figures on Wall Street, this is the book for you.”
“The Bond King is a well-written, informative book about one of the most influential people in the bond market. It provides an interesting look at Wall Street’s history with bonds and sheds light on how Bill Gross became such a powerful figure.”