The Daily Stoic is a book of 366 short daily readings, each containing a snippet of wisdom from the ancient Stoics. It covers topics such as perseverance, perspective-taking, and self-control. The aim is to help the reader live a more productive and meaningful life by practicing these timeless teachings.
For who is this book for ?
The book is for anyone looking to live a more meaningful and productive life. It draws on the wisdom of ancient Stoics, whose teachings still hold relevance today. The short daily readings make it easy to apply these teachings in your everyday life.
- The Daily Stoic is full of short, daily readings that are easy to understand and apply.
- The book features wisdom from ancient Stoics, which can be applied in modern life.
- The Daily Stoic offers a different perspective on important topics like perseverance, self-control and living a meaningful life.
- The language can be dense at times
- It’s not always easy to apply Stoic teachings to modern life
- Some of the readings feel a little too vague
Learn more about the author
” Ryan Holiday has done it again! The Daily Stoic provides us with 366 days of Stoic wisdom, drawn from history’s greatest minds. Broken down into short, easy-to-read pieces, this book makes the ancient teachings of these venerable philosophers applicable to the modern day. If you’re looking for a way to bring more resilience and perspective into your life, look no further -The Daily Stoic is your answer.”
“The Daily Stoic is an excellent book. It compiles passages from ancient Stoics with modern commentary to help you apply their wisdom to your life.”
“The Daily Stoic is a fantastic read that has definitely improved my daily life. I absolutely love it and would recommend this book to anyone looking for some guidance on how to live their best lives.”