The Drunken Botanist dives into the hidden world of plants that provide the ingredients for some of our favorite drinks. Author Amy Stewart takes us on a journey through history, horticulture, and Mixology to explore how these botanical wonders make their way into our glasses. From wine to beer to spirits, The Drunken Botanist provides an in-depth look at plant life and its fascinating role in human society.
For who is this book for ?
The Drunken Botanist is for anyone who enjoys learning about the hidden wonders of plants. Stewart provides a comprehensive look at how various botanical ingredients make their way into our drinks, making this book an enjoyable read for both home gardeners and cocktail enthusiasts alike.
- The Drunken Botanist is interesting and informative, providing a detailed look at the plants that create our favorite drinks.
- The book is well written and easy to read, making it enjoyable for botany enthusiasts as well as casual readers.
- Stewart’s expertise on the topic shines through, giving the reader an in-depth understanding of plant life and its role in drink creation.
- The Drunken Botanist is not an easy read. The author takes us on a journey through history, horticulture, and Mixology to explore how these botanical wonders make their way into our glasses.
- The book can be dense at times with information about specific drinks.
- It’s not the most exciting of reads, but it is informative.
Learn more about the author
Amy Stewart is the author of seven books, including four New York Times bestsellers. She has been a contributing writer to The Huffington Post since 2010 and writes the popular “Gardening While Drunk” column for Smithsonian Magazine. A frequent public speaker and radio guest, she lives in Eureka, California.
“The Drunken Botanist is an interesting and informative read that will make you see plants in a whole new light. Stewart delves into the history, cultivation, and use of various plants in the production of alcoholic beverages, shedding light on their fascinating role in human society.”
“This book is amazing! If you are at all interested in botany, chemistry, alcohol…anything really…you will love this book. It’s like the perfect mix of science and entertainment.”
“I really enjoyed this book. I’m not much of a drinker, but I found the plant origins and historical information interesting. The author has a great writing style.”
“This book is a must have for any lover of cocktails or anyone interested in the history and science of plants. Amy Stewart takes us on an absorbing journey from the origins of alcoholic beverages to their modern-day production. Along the way, she introduces us to a colorful cast of botanical characters including mad scientists, bootleggers, and farmers.”