The Fellowship of the Ring is a science fiction and fantasy novel written by J. R. R. Tolkien, first published in 1954. It is the first installment in The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and it tells the story of Frodo Baggins, a hobbit who must travel to Mount Doom to destroy the One Ring. Along the way, he is joined by Samwise Gamgee, Merry Brandybuck, Pippin Took, Legolas Greenleaf, Gimli son of Gloin, and Aragorn Elessar (known as Strider).
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who enjoys a good science fiction or fantasy novel. It tells the story of Frodo Baggins, a hobbit who must travel to Mount Doom to destroy the One Ring. Along the way, he is joined by Samwise Gamgee, Merry Brandybuck, Pippin Took, Legolas Greenleaf and Gimli son of Gloin.
- The Fellowship of the Ring is one of the most highly acclaimed books ever written, and it is considered a classic in both science fiction and fantasy genres.
- It was voted as the best book of all time by the listeners of BBC Radio 4.
- The story is engaging and well-told, and Tolkien’s worldbuilding is second to none.
- The Fellowship of the Ring is an exciting adventure story that will keep you entertained from beginning to end.
- Tolkien’s world-building is incredible, and his characters are richly drawn.
- The ending sets up the events of The Two Towers perfectly.
Learn more about the author
J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973) was an English writer, poet, and philologist who is best known for his epic high fantasy novel The Lord of the Rings.
“The Fellowship of the Ring is an amazing book! If you’re looking for a fantasy novel to read, this one should be at the top of your list.”
“The Fellowship of the Ring is one of those books that you just can’t put down. Tolkien has a way of painting pictures with his words that makes you feel like you are right there in the story.”
“The Fellowship of the Ring is one of those books that’s just impossible to put down. I read it for the first time about ten years ago, and even after reading it several times since then, I find myself drawn back into Middle Earth every time. If you’re looking for an adventure story with plenty of action and suspense, this is definitely a book you’ll enjoy.”