The Forgotten Horse is the first book in a new series of Connemara horse adventures written for kids. Join young Shannon as she learns to care for and ride her beautiful,spirited Connemara pony named Star. Through good times and bad, Shannon comes to understand that the bond between herself and her horse is unbreakable.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for kids aged 8-12 who love adventure and horses.
- The author captures the magic of horses in a way that kids will love
- The book is filled with adventure and excitement
- It teaches the importance of friendship and loyalty
- The Forgotten Horse may be the first book in a series, but it can also be read as a standalone novel.
- The author, Elaine Heney, is an accomplished horsewoman and her passion for horses shines through in her writing.
- This audiobook is perfect for kids who love animals and adventure stories.
Learn more about the author
Elaine Heney is a horse lover and longtime rider who lives in the Irish countryside with her husband and young daughter. She writes stories that reflect her belief that horses can change people for the better, teaching them about responsibility, bravery, and self-confidence.
“The Forgotten Horse is a touching story of the love and friendship that can develop between a girl and her horse. Shannon’s journey to find her pony, Star, teaches kids about responsibility, patience, and courage. This heartwarming audiobook will keep young listeners entertained while they learn important life lessons.”
“The Forgotten Horse is a heartwarming story of discovery, narrated by Shannon herself. Elaine Heney has captured the innocence and enthusiasm of childhood while vividly describing the magical bond between horse and rider. I look forward to future books in this series!”
“My daughter loves horses and was so excited to find this book. She has since listened to it numerous times. The author does a great job of bringing the characters and story to life.”
“An exciting animal adventure that all horse-loving kids will adore!”