The Fourth Turning is a book by William Strauss that predicts the future of America based on historical patterns. The book divides American history into four periods, or turnings, and argues that each turning has its own unique characteristics which set the tone for decades to come.
For who is this book for ?
The Fourth Turning is a book for anyone interested in American history or politics. Strauss’ predictions about the future can be controversial, but he backs them up with careful research and analysis.
- The Fourth Turning is well-researched and draws on a variety of historical sources.
- The book provides interesting insights into the dynamics of American history.
- The Fourth Turning can help readers to better understand the current state of America and where it may be heading in the future.
- The Fourth Turning is a book by William Strauss that predicts the future of America based on historical patterns.
- The book divides American history into four periods, or turnings, and argues that each turning has its own unique characteristics which set the tone for decades to come. 1) The predictions in The Fourth Turning may not be accurate 2) It’s possible that other factors (outside of historical patterns) will have a bigger impact on the course of America’s future than this book suggests 3) This type of analysis might be more interesting/useful for understanding american history rather than predicting what will happen in the future
Learn more about the author
“If you’re even remotely interested in American history, society, or just want to peer into the future then this is a must read.”
“The Fourth Turning is a provocative, intelligent and seminal work that deserves to be read by anyone interested in the future of America.”
“In The Fourth Turning, William Strauss and Neil Howe foresee the collapse of today’s institutions and the birth of a new generation with radically different values. They argue that our current era-what they call an “
“An American Prophecy is an eye-opening, stomach churning look at the future of our great nation. Strauss and Howe make a convincing argument that we are currently in the midst of The Fourth Turning – a time fraught with danger and opportunity. Drawing on history to support their claims, this book paints a bleak but prophetic picture of America’s future. If you’re looking for insight into where our country is heading – or simply want to understand how today’s events may play out over the next few decades – An American Prophecy should be required reading.”