The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning is a how-to guide for freeing yourself and your family from the burden of clutter. Written by Margareta Magnusson, an elderly Swedish woman who has prepped her entire family for death cleaning, the book offers simple tips for decluttering your home and organizing your affairs. Whether you’re preparing to downsize in anticipation of retirement or simply want to make life easier for loved ones after you’re gone, The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning provides straightforward instructions for simplifying your life – and making peace with it.
For who is this book for ?
The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning is a guide for anyone who wants to declutter their home and life. If you’re preparing for retirement or want to make things easier for your loved ones after you die, this book has the simple tips you need.
- The author is very honest and candid about the process of death cleaning, which can be helpful for those who are apprehensive about starting this daunting task.
- The book is filled with practical advice on how to declutter your home and simplify your life.
- It’s a quick read
- perfect for busy people who want to get started on their death cleaning but don’t have time to wade through a lengthy manual.
- The author is a Swedish woman, so some of the tips may not be relevant to North American readers.
- The book is quite short (126 pages) and doesn’t offer much in-depth advice.
- The title may be offputting to some people
Learn more about the author
Margareta Magnusson is a Swedish artist and author. She has written extensively on the topic of death cleaning, or decluttering your home in preparation for death. Margareta’s tips are simple but effective, and her book provides straightforward instructions for freeing yourself from clutter – both physically and emotionally.
“Death cleaning is not about tidying up for the living. It’s about simplifying your life so that you can focus on what really matters.”
“This book is a treasure trove of wisdom for decluttering your life – both physically and emotionally. Margareta Magnusson’s warm, straightforward approach will help you to let go of the things that are no longer useful or meaningful to you, so that you can live a lighter, happier life.”
“This book is a Godsend! After years of struggling with my late mother’s HOARDING, this woman has given me the tools to finally start making progress.Magnusson’s instructions are clear and concise, and her matter-of-fact attitude about death makes it easier for hoarders like myself to face up to our problem areas. Highly recommend for anyone dealing with hoarding tendencies in themselves or loved ones.”
“The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning is a wise and helpful book on a taboo subject. Margareta Magnusson has much to teach all of us about simplifying our lives, living more fully in the present, and preparing ourselves for death.”