The High Mountain Court is a LGBTQ+ novel set in the world of Okrith. The five crowns refer to the leaders of the five Great Houses that make up society in Okrith. Book 1 follows Kynon, who is training to become one of the Five Crowns. As he trains under his father and other members of court, he discovers more about himself and his place in this dangerous world.
For who is this book for ?
- The worldbuilding is rich and well-done.
- The characters are compelling and interesting.
- This book has a lot of potential for sequels or spinoffs.
- It is a tough read
- The world is complex and it may be confusing for some readers
- It’s not been released yet, so there is no guarantee that it will be good
Learn more about the author
AK Mulford is a new author specializing in LGBTQ+ stories. This is her first novel.
“The world-building is intricate and well-done, and the characters are believable and rich. This book has everything I love in a good fantasy: politics, court intrigue, romance, lush descriptions of otherworldly places.”
“The author has a beautiful writing style that just sucks you right in. I love the world she’s created and can’t wait to read more from her!”
“I cannot recommend this book enough! It is thrilling, captivating, and beautifully written.”
“The world-building is fascinating and well done. The characters are sympathetic and multi-layered.”