In this time travel novel, historian Helena Kelly investigates a possible link between her family and Vlad the Impaler. When she begins to have vivid dreams about spending time with Vlad in his castle, she becomes obsessed with proving that they are related. Her research leads her to believe that her ancestor is responsible for helping Vlad become the bloodthirsty ruler he was known as. As she gets closer to finding proof, Helena also realizes that someone is after her and will stop at nothing to keep her from uncovering the truth. With danger lurking around every corner, can Helena solve the mystery before it’s too late?
For who is this book for ?
- The Historian is a well-written, suspenseful mystery that will keep you hooked until the very end.
- The author does an excellent job of creating tension and building suspense, making it hard to put down.
- The story is filled with interesting characters and plot twists that will surprise you
- It may be confusing to follow
- It’s a bit slow in the beginning
- The ending could be better
Learn more about the author
C. De Melo is a historian and writer who was born in Portugal and currently lives in the United States. She holds degrees from Brown University and Cambridge University, and has been published in various academic journals.” This biography was taken from the author’s website.
“If you’re a fan of time travel mysteries, then The Historian is definitely a book you don’t want to miss. It’s one of the best I’ve read in this genre.”
“Couldn’t put it down!”
“The Historian is a spellbinding, edge-of-your-seat thriller that will keep you hooked until the very end. C. De Melo has crafted an utterly captivating story with brilliantly drawn characters that come to life on the page. I couldn’t put it down!”