When the wizard Gandalf notices that young Bilbo Baggins is a very special person, he invites him to join in an adventure. Together with a group of dwarves, Bilbo sets out on a journey to help them reclaim their kingdom from the dragon Smaug. Along the way, they face many dangers and learn about themselves and each other.
For who is this book for ?
The Hobbit is for anyone who loves a good adventure story. It’s perfect for teen and young adult readers, as well as adults.
- The author takes great care in developing the characters, providing a detailed back story for each one.
- The adventure is exciting and keeps the reader engaged throughout.
- There are many lessons to be learned from this story, such as the importance of teamwork and determination.
- The book is long and may be difficult for some teen readers to get through.
- The story can be slow at times, but it is definitely worth sticking with.
- There are many different characters in the book, which may make it confusing for some teens.
Learn more about the author
John Ronald Reuel Tolkien was born on January 3, 1892, in Bloemfontein, South Africa. He served in the British Army during World War I and was decorated with the Military Cross for bravery. After the war he returned to England, where he worked as a professor of Anglo-Saxon at Oxford University.Tolkien is best known for his book The Hobbit (1937) and for his three-volume novel set in the imaginary world of Middle-earth,The Lord of Rings (1954–55).
“The Hobbit is a classic adventure story that has been loved by generations of readers. J. R. R. Tolkien’s rich description and masterful storytelling bring the world of Middle-earth to life.”
“The Hobbit is one of my favorite books. I love the adventure and suspense that J. R. R Tolkien creates.”
“The Hobbit is one of my all-time favorite books! I have read it multiple times and can never get enough. J.R.R Tolkien does an amazing job creating a completely believable world with his vivid descriptions, making the reader feel like they are right there alongside the characters.”
“The Hobbit is one of those books that you can read over and over again and never get tired of. The characters are so lovable, the story is thrilling, and Tolkien’s writing style makes you feel like you’re right there with them.”