The Intelligent Investor Rev Ed. is a money and finance book written by Benjamin Graham. In this book, Graham discusses the importance of investing in stocks, how to value them and make wise decisions about when to buy and sell. This revised edition includes new commentary on current financial conditions as well as updated appendices containing recommended reading lists for both novice and experienced investors alike.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who wants to learn more about investing in stocks. It provides a comprehensive overview of the topic, from choosing which shares to buy through understanding how markets work and assessing risks. Novice investors will find it especially useful, but even experienced traders can benefit from Graham’s insights into current market trends.
- It is a comprehensive guide to understanding stocks and making sound investment decisions.
- Includes updated commentary on current financial conditions.
- Contains recommended reading lists for novice and experienced investors alike.
- It can be dense and hard to follow at times
- May be a little outdated, given that it was first published in 1949
- Some of the concepts may be difficult for novice investors to understand
Learn more about the author
Benjamin Graham was a professor of finance at Columbia Business School and is considered to be the father of modern security analysis. He was also one of the first investors to apply The Theory Of Marginal Utility to stock market investing, which has become an important concept in financial theory.
” Graham’s seminal work on value investing. “
“This is the best book on investing ever written. Required reading for anyone who wants to succeed in the stock market.”
“This classic book is a must read for any beginner investor. It provides in-depth principles on how to value stocks and make informed investment decisions.”
“An absolute must read for anyone interested in investing.”