The Journey of Crazy Horse tells the story of one of history’s most legendary warriors, through the eyes of those who knew him best. Drawing on oral tradition and first-hand accounts, Joseph M. Marshall III provides a unique and insightful look at Crazy Horse’s life and times, from his childhood spent tending buffalo herds to his role in defeating Custer at Little Bighorn. This definitive biography reveals not only the warrior’s prowess on the battlefield but also his profound spiritual connection to nature and humanity.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for people who are interested in history, particularly the history of Native Americans. It provides a unique perspective on one of the most legendary warriors in American history.
- The book is based on oral tradition and first-hand accounts, giving it a unique perspective.
- It provides an in-depth look at Crazy Horse’s life and times.
- The book reveals not only the warrior’s prowess on the battlefield but also his profound spiritual connection to nature and humanity.
- The author spends too much time discussing Crazy Horse’s spiritual beliefs, which are not particularly interesting to most readers.
- The book is poorly organized and jumps around in time a lot, making it difficult to follow at times.
- There is very little information about Crazy Horse’s childhood or adult life outside of his military campaigns.
Learn more about the author
Joseph M. Marshall III is a historian, writer, and actor of Lakota descent. He has devoted his life to preserving the oral tradition of his people and helping them to connect with their cultural heritage.
“Marshall’s writing is lyrical and at times poetic, providing readers with a deep look into the mind of Crazy Horse. He also does an excellent job portraying the harsh realities of life on the plains for Native Americans…Highly recommended.”
“An important and definitive work on Crazy Horse that is likely to remain the standard for some time.”
“Marshall brings Crazy Horse to life in this well-researched and engaging biography. He provides a window into the Lakota way of life, painting a vivid picture of the world that shaped Crazy Horse as both a warrior and a man. A must-read for anyone interested in American history or Native American culture.”
“If you want to read a good book on Crazy Horse, this is the one to read. Marshall has done an excellent job of researching and telling Crazy Horse’s story.”