The Last Castle is a captivating and meticulously researched account of the love story between America’s royal couple, William and Kate Spencer. Living in the largest home in the nation, they were known for their extravagant lifestyle until tragedy struck and sent them into exile. This beautifully written book tells the story of their rise to power and subsequent fall from grace, all set against the backdrop of one of America’s most prominent families.
For who is this book for ?
This book is for anyone who is interested in American royalty, love stories, or just a good read. Kiernan does an excellent job of weaving together a tale that is both heart-wrenching and inspiring, and her prose makes the story come alive.
- The author does an amazing job of telling the story of America’s royal couple
- The book is beautifully written and easy to read
- It tells a fascinating story that is sure to captivate readers
- The author tries to hard to be witty and humorous, which results in overdone puns.
- The book is extremely dense and includes a lot of superfluous information that could have been left out.
- Structurally, the book feels disjointed as if it was pieced together from different articles or interviews
Learn more about the author
Denise Kiernan is the author of New York Times bestseller The Girls of Atomic City. She has written for The Washington Post, WIRED, National Geographic, and Smithsonian magazine.
“The Last Castle is a must-read for anyone interested in America’s royal family. Denise Kiernan does an amazing job of fleshing out the love story between William and Kate Spencer, and her writing is so fluid that I felt like I was right there with them as their world came crashing down around them. A truly captivating read!”
“The Last Castle is a story about American royalty and their rise to power. It is beautifully written and meticulously researched. I couldn’t put it down!”
“The Last Castle is a page-turner that provides readers with an intimate view into the life of America’s royal family. Denise Kiernan does an excellent job of weaving together historical facts and personal anecdotes, creating a storyline that is both compelling and informative.”